International students quickly feel at home with our friendly students and spacious campus. Read on to learn how we welcome international students.
The following entry requirements laid out in the enrolment steps below are a guide on the entry process for international students at Chilton.
To complete an application for enrolment, please complete and submit an Application Form together with payment of the Application Fee as described in the International Fees Schedule.
1. You must complete the Application Form. This form should be submitted online or sent to:
Mrs Judy Lang
Chilton Saint James School
PO Box 30090
Lower Hutt 5040
Phone: +64 4 566 4089
Fax No. +64 4 569 5223
Please note if these forms are submitted online it will be deemed that you have read the agreement and will abide by it even without your signature.
2. Once Chilton has Application Form the Principal will confirm a place for your daughter at Chilton. To allow us to provide an offer of place we wish to see the latest school report (translated if possible) from your daughter’s current school.
3. You will be sent an Offer of Place, provisional upon your daughter’s English language ability, together with an invoice for the first year of study. You will be invited to visit the School with your daughter if you are able to do so.
4. When the School receives your payment, we will send you a full letter of acceptance and a receipt and will reserve a place for your daughter.
Note: a place is not reserved until the fees have been paid.
5. Immigration New Zealand will need to see the full letter of acceptance and the receipt of fees before they grant a student visa. No student may begin her tuition without the required visa.
Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through Immigration New Zealand, and can be viewed on their website at www.immigration.govt.nz
6. Arrival date: The School expects international students to arrive in New Zealand to take part in the Orientation Programme in late January but girls may enter the School at other times until September if there is a place available.
We suggest you print this page for reference to ensure you complete all of the necessary steps for enrolment into Chilton. Follow the links throughout this page to complete each enrolment step.