The Chilton Saint James School archives are housed in a purpose-built facility on the School site in the Greenwood Building. Located next to the library, the archives feature a museum showing photographs, memorabilia and uniforms. This area ensures that Chilton’s history is a living part of the present and is a constant source of interest from our younger students.
The long corridor leading to the library has the House banners permanently on display and regular changing displays of pictures and photographs relating to the School over the years. These date from 1918 when the school was established by Miss Geraldine FitzGerald up to present day material.
Donations to the Archives include a collection of porcelain dolls dressed in uniforms of the past and present. Angela Corrigan (Petersen 1954-58) created the collection with exquisite detail to make a wonderful display that is admired by current students and visitors to the School alike. In the summer terms dolls in summer uniform can be seen and winter uniforms can be viewed in the winter term.
To contact the School with any questions about your time at Chilton, please email Lance Holland email@example.com
To arrange a visit to the School, please contact us any time.
Read more about the history of the School here.