The only outlet to buy the Chilton Saint James School uniform is at our Uniform Shop on our school site at 124 Waterloo Road, Lower Hutt. See the School Map to find the Uniform Shop.
Opening Hours 2018
During term time the Uniform Shop is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2.00pm – 4.30pm.
School Holiday Hours
Opening hours during the school holidays are advised via the Weekly Bulletin.
Our School Uniform
The Chilton School uniform reflects the nature and stature of the School. At Chilton, it consists of a compulsory formal uniform with optional additional items that can be added as parents and students choose.
The compulsory items are trans-seasonal and are worn in both summer and winter. The compulsory uniform is required for all formal School occasions and may be worn every day. Students are required to wear formal uniform on one day a week – Monday, as well as for all school trips and for other formal occasions such as end of term services and celebrations held at school or in the wider community.
The optional uniform items can be worn to suit the climate, the occasion or the student. The Chilton Uniform Shop order form is now available for parents who are unable to visit the uniform shop in person.
Preschool students wear a simple and practical uniform which includes a red Chilton polo shirt or a white Chilton t-shirt and grey shorts or track pants and greyhooded sweatshirt for cooler weather. Preschoolers are also required to wear a red school sun hat when outdoors in Terms One and Four.
- Gym Dress
- Uniform cardigan
- Formal white shirt – short sleeved
- Black socks / tights: Years 6 – 13 (red socks/tights for Years 1 – 5)
- Black McKinlay or Clarks shoes
- Sun hat – Years 1 – 6 (Term One and Term Four only)
- Red Chilton book bag (Years 1 – 6)
- Physical Education uniform (see details below)
- From Term One, 2019:
- Black shower proof jacket
- Uniform scarf
- Uniform T-shirts – short sleeved
- Uniform city shorts
- Uniform red beret
- Red gloves
- School bag (dark coloured)
- Red school sunhat or white school cap (optional for Years 7 – 13)
Compulsory Physical Education Uniform (Years 1 – 13)
- Physical Education shirt
- Physical Education shorts
- Grey hooded uniform sweatshirt
- Sports shoes – white soles
- White ankle socks
- Swimsuit – own purchase, plain navy or black, one piece, medium cut (Years 7 – 13)
- Bathing cap in House colour
- Red Chilton Physical Education bag
Note: A number of extra-curricular sports have special uniforms that are not included in this list
Compulsory Dance Uniform (Years 1 – 13)
- Chilton Dance Centre Singlet Top
- Chilton Dance Centre 3/4 Leggings
Uniform – Washing and Care Instructions
Please click on the link below for information on Washing and Care.
Uniform Order Forms
If you are unable to visit the Uniform Shop in person please complete the appropriate order form below and return the form to School Reception.
Please click on the links below for further information.
For any further information, or to make an appointment with the Uniform Shop, please contact us.